Monday, March 14, 2011

Daring Kitchen: Ceviche and Papas Rellenas

Kathlyn of Bake Like a Ninja was our Daring Cooks’ March 2011 hostess. Kathlyn challenges us to make two classic Peruvian dishes: Ceviche de Pescado from “Peruvian Cooking – Basic Recipes” by Annik Franco Barreau. And Papas Rellenas adapted from a home recipe by Kathlyn’s Spanish teacher, Mayra.

The Daring Cooks March 2011Challenge: ¡Me Encanta Perú! - Ceviche and Papas Rellenas


Ok, well to start....I'm sorry but I have to say EW. I knew immediately that I couldn't do the Ceviche. Me and raw fish don't work--plus I'm allergic to iodine in the fish. So that was out. But I still wanted to try the papas rellenas. So, I had planned on doing it one day, but things got crazy--so the mashed potatoes got stored in the fridge, and a few other things got stored back away. So when I finally got to cooking--it just all messed up. My time line, my ingredients...just all of it. I didn't even bother taking pictures. It was a mess. The End.

Sorry DK gals! I'll keep on trekking though....bring on the next challenge!!

5 comments:

Renata said...

Well, it happens, sometimes life just gets on the way. At least you tried! Maybe some other time you may want to try the Papas again, they are delicious!

Audax said...

Well a try is better than nothing at all, hope you get some time to make the papas they are very tasty, better luck for the next challenge.

Cheers from Audax in Sydney Australia.

Unknown said...

Eh. Sometimes these things just don't work out. On to the next challenge!!

Don't Make Me Call My Flying Monkeys! said...

I agree that an attempt is better than not. Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving the comment. I love comments.

Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

Haha...I husband wouldn't go for this either...but I'm always game for a food adventure :) Sorry the rellenas didn't work either~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...