Thursday, March 17, 2011

HERB GARDEN

Know what its time for? HERBS! I love this time of year! Of course, there is still time for another freeze, so make sure you have a spot inside to move the herbs at night or on cold days.


What you need...

Herb seeds
Little baggies (ziplocs work great too)
Planting soil (make sure its free of chemicals)
Water sprinkles
String
Clothes pins



In each bag, place a little soil, then a few seeds, sprinkle a little water and zip them close. Hang a line, and overlap the baggies a little and secure them with a clothes pin.

I usually tie the string loosely so I won't wrestle with knots when I need to move them inside.

The clothes pins are fun to decorate or use as labels!

This is simple, fun and the kids love to help!

You'll start to see them sprouting, and when they are big enough, and the freeze isn't a threat anymore, move them to bigger pots and planters! Use the clothes pins (if you labeled them) and clip them on the side of the pots so you know whats growing. And don't throw away the bags--you can use them again.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh that's cool! I've wondered how to grow my own herbs while moving around with the Army. Thanks for sharing!

Joyce said...

Okay, I love how you listed "water sprinkles" in the what you need section. Too cute. You have a great blog!
I am your newest follower:) I would love you to check out my blog and follow back if you'd like.
Take Care!
http://joyfulcreations2.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Hi Carolyn~

This is such a wonderful idea! I always say I am going to grow my own herbs one day. Thanks so much for sharing at my blog bash K.I.S.S. Also, you are featured as my New Neighbor on the Blog, please drop by & see...

Drop By The Tattered Tag

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...