Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Cheddar Bay Biscuits

Oh yes. The infamous Red Lobster Biscuits! We don't eat out much, but while visiting my parents, we decided to go out to Reb Lobster after church--its my kids' favorite place...but because of the "live" lobsters, not the food. I GO for the FOOD, particularly the "Cheddar Bay Biscuits." I found this version and had to try.

CHEDDAR BAY BISCUITS


1 package of Bisquick buttermilk Biscuit Mix (about 1-3/4 cups)
1/2 cup milk
1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
4 Tbls butter
1-1/2 tsp oregano
3/4 tsp garlic salt

  • Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
  • Mix the biscuit mix with the milk and cheese until blended.
  • Lightly grease a baking sheet and drop spoonfulls of mix 2 inches apart. Bake for 10 minutes.
  • Meanwhile, melt butter and combine with garlic salt and oregano.
  • After the 10 min of baking, lightly brush the butter mix over the tops, then bake for another 5 minutes.
  • Lower heat to 350 degrees F. Brush the tops again with butter mix and bake another 5-6 minutes or until tops are golden brown. Serve warm.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Will try! I love the cheddar bay biscuits but my recipe has canned biscuits, parmesan and butter. That's about it.

Oh, and you've been tagged.
http://grandmasguidetolife.blogspot.com/2012/01/i-was-tagged-play-along-with-me.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...