Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Going PALEO

With great excitement, I'm pleased to announce that we (my family) are going PALEO! Its a decision we made as a family, and I'm hoping to see health benefits for all of us. We have done the big shopping trip to Whole Foods and Costco, and I have already cleaned out my pantry. I'm really excited about this, and I hope to keep that excitement--I know there will be frustrating times.

What does that mean for Cookin' for my Captain?

  • The majority of my recipes will be Paleo-Diet friendly and I'll mark them as so with [P] in the title. I will still cook for friends, bible study and other events, and I will still possibly post them, even if they aren't Paleo friendly. I will make sure recipes will be clearly marked.
  • I will also possibly not post as much as I have (5 days a week), but I will still participate in "Wordless Wednesday" and continue the "Flash-Back-Friday's." If I find a recipe that we love, better believe it will be posted! I will try as often as I can, but thats saying they will all come out right from the beginning. (ha!) So please have some patience and continue to check in!
So, to start out, I have purchased these books:

    

My recipes will be from these, and I will make sure I note which one. I will give full credit where needed! I highly doubt I'll be creating my own recipes any time soon!

So please show your love and support as we transition through this process!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you need any help- feel free to give me a yell. We've been largely grain/dairy/legume free since 2010 and it makes a big difference. Our little guy still drinks milk because we just can't make enough calories to keep up with his super metabolism otherwise. Once you get used to it, you can definitely feel it if you drift back to processed foods!

Over the years, we've experimented and brought back foods that don't bother us personally (occasional potatoes, rice for my husband, chickpeas for me) but it's been a lot of trial and error. Practical Paleo is fabulous. Ones you don't have there that I've really liked is Gather and Everyday Paleo

Stacy Uncorked said...

WooHoo! Good for you! I hear only good things about going paleo (my bloggy friend over at Jan's Sushi Bar has some great paleo recipes). Good luck with that - I'm looking forward to reading all about it! :)

School Year Coming to an End with a Wacky Schedule Looming and Giggle Worthy Fun: Random Tuesday Thoughts Rebel

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...